Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Hands up if you love Kikki K, me too!!! So for Valentine's day what's more appropriate than a Kikki K inspired dessert table and that is exactly what I did after I fell in LOVE with their Valentine's Sweet Heart range. They had the cutest cards, wrapping paper and stickers, so based on the above items this is what I came up with.

First I wanted a backdrop and for this table I went with envelopes stuck to the wall, I saw this idea at one of Cheree Berry's shows for Kate Spade and loved it. It was also appropriate since my husband used to be at sea when we first started going out and we wrote love letters to eachother while he was at sea (still have them stashed away in a box somewhere ;-)) It was also cheap, I bought about 40 envelopes for $2 at the dollar shop AND I can re-use them afterwards.

The cake was inspired by the gorgeous heart bunting pattern on the Kikki K wrapping paper and the heart pattern found on most of their Valentine cards. It is actually a very simple cake, I used a clay extruder to create the red "string" and edible paper to create the hearts.

Gorgeous card I bought for hubby, anything with polkadots on it has my stamp of approval ;-)

I also bought the Kikki K sticker book and used most of the stickers to create all my paper goods for the table. Labels for the desserts, cupcake toppers and flags for the drinks are just some of the items I made using the stickers.

These cute cards came from the Kikki mini note set, aren't they adorable? Mini heart pegs are also from Kikki K.

Here is the cupcake toppers I made using the Kikki K stickers, loved them!

My 4 daughters were very excited that I was doing a dessert table for Valentine's day since they knew they would get to eat all the goodies afterwards. My hubby's heart is also through his stomach so I knew he'd be happy with any food I was to make.

Close up of one of the drinks flags I made using the Kikki K stickers.

Love letter sugar cookies with edible paper stamp (stamp design from Kikki K)


Some of the things I made were mini raspberry trifles, mini cheesecake bites, coconut & pineapple milkshake, raspberry and coconut mini cupcakes, chocolate hearts, love letter cookies and heart cookies.

Close up of the heart cookies I made, I copied the Kikki K heart design in their sticker book. Excuse the piping, I still need to learn how to do that properly lol.



Close up of the cheesecake bites I made, I piped on some red chocolate and popped in a red choc heart. So what do you think?


Happy Valentine's day everyone,

xxxx

Leoni

33 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I love the attention to detail! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the envelope backdrop! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im gobsmacked again, you are so clever !! the envelopes look so effective. loving the cheesecake bites too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently found you and oh my goodness--I am speechless! This is the most beautiful Valentine's Day spread I have EVER seen! LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That would have to be one of the best tables I've ever seen. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone, I so enjoyed creating this table. The Kikki stationary was such an inspiration to me and since I had all the vessels and platters at home I just had to make and bake a few things so the total cost was relatively low.

    ReplyDelete
  7. INSPIRING...cooking skills + decorative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love love love the envelopes as the back drop. And yes I too adore Kikki K! Job well done again Leoni xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is an amazing effort, for once I am glad that I am not anywhere close by or I would come by and eat it all! Kikki.K, can you believe I never saw what was special about it, could have something to do with it being Swedish, all ordinary to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw your table in a couple round ups and I don't know how I didn't see it before. It just bowled me over!! So simple and elegant. The garland around the cake is gorgeous. I am IN LOVE with the envelope background. Truly inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stuff is always so crisp and clean. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did such a phenomenal job - this is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw your table, thanks to a link from Pizzazzerie--GORGEOUS!! I'm inspired by SO many of the details...LOVE the envelope backdrop {may borrow the idea for an upcoming travel/airmail baby shower I'm doing}, heart bunting on the cake, and I'm a sucker for mini anything!

    Are those DIY cake stands, too? Painted wooden candlesticks with plates glued on top?? I just made the mini candlestick single cupcake stands and they turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S.--I've never seen "edible paper" before...is it like the printable icing sheets that I've seen on cookies? Do you have to order it through a bakery?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone.
    ROFL Moa,not all of us are lucky enough to LIVE in Sweden so we have to make do with any crumbs that come our way. Hope you and your family have settled in, any visit planned to Oz in the future? Hope so!
    Lisa, borrow away, that is what ideas are for ;-) The cake stands are DIY but I didn't have to paint the candlesticks as they were already white. Ikea sell them in various sizes, all in white. Yes, edible paper is waffer paper, you can either print on them yourself (using edible ink + printer) or you can get your local bakery to do it for you. I buy mine via the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is BRILLIANT - again ;) LOVE that backdrop! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow leoni! it looks amazing, so gorgeous! love the backdrop & kikki k products! the cheesecake bites are super clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Leoni, Your tables are gorgeous saw you on Suzanna Mon Tresor and on Amy Atlas's blog you are amazing. Do you have a twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ♥ the entire design~ especially the envelope backdrop {very clever}

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love all the ideas here: the envelope backdrop is genius! and the cheesecake spoons are a great idea! love those envelope cookies too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it all! What is the font you used on the 'be my valentine' sign?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you everyone,
    Rowaida, no I don't have twitter just the blog and the facebook page, that is enough to keep me busy ;-)
    Sally, the font used is Quirlycues

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah Leoni you leave me speechless every time...........which doesn't happen often:) Party Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello!!! This is so gorgeous. What a beautiful party! I love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The envelope backdrop is really stunning! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just found your blog through the Kikki K blog and I am soooo happy that I did. Your design and yummy creations are just stunning!
    The red and white string you used for the postcard cookies, do you know where I can get that from, I am in Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Samantha, the twine is actually from Kikki K they sold it around Christmas but may still have some. Otherwise try "Details! Details" they have it in their online shop. I think Donna Hay also stocks it in her shop in Sydney, have a look online and perhaps give them a call.. Hope that helps.
    cheers,
    Leoni

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute I can hardly stand it! Your talent is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi
    I love your table and I blogged it here
    http://thatcutelittlecake.blogspot.com/
    Thank you for sharing your nice pictures

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Virginie, that was very sweet of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Baccarat betting options in a simple way.

    G clubOnline Gambling Betting Sites Win online gambling games that can help you make the most of online gamblers. To make you a gambler, online gambling games that are interested in using the online gambling and investment services with us. You can use the service just to invest here.

    This game is easy to play, easy to play, easy to play all the time. With all the bets. Wherever it is, it will be exposed to gambling that will make good money in all areas. There are easier bets. A gambling destination that gives players the fun and investment they need to play anywhere. Every day gambling is a gamble where every good money. Make a good income every day, there are gambling games that will like to get good deals with mobile. Make this fun. Wherever it is, it can be a good bet all the time. Gclub มือถือ

    ReplyDelete