Thursday, February 3, 2011

Caramel mudcake recipe

Image courtesy from Taste.com.au



Anne from Norway asked me to share my mudcake recipe since these cakes weren't common where she was from and she wanted to try and make one, so Anne, this is for you. Obviously you can make them in dark and white chocolate too but this is a favourite amongst my family.

CARAMEL MUDCAKE




Ingredients


250g butter


150g white cooking chocolate


2 cups of brown sugar


1 cup of buttermilk


1 1/2 cups of plain flour


1/2 cup self raising flour


1 teaspoon vanilla essence


3 eggs (at room temperature)





Preparation





1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees C (Mine is a gas oven and no fan) Grease a 20cm round cake tin (mine is also 8cm high), line base and sides with baking paper.


2) Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a saucepan and stir over low heat (don't boil) untill smooth and melted. Transfer to a large bowl and let it cool to room temperature (about 20 min)


3) Using a wisk add the sifted plain + self raising flour, then vanilla essence then eggs. Make sure you do not over mix or your batter will become tough.


4)Pour mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 50 minutes. After the 1 hour mark I usually turn my tin around in the oven and loosely cover the top with some tinfoil, I then bake it for a further 50 min till cooked. I check the cake with a serrated knife put in at an angle.


5) Keep the cake in the pan while it cools, I usually cover the top with a thick towel while it cools, it keeps the moisture in the cake. Once cool I pop it on a plate to ice, but you could also eat it plain with some whipped cream.

4 comments:

  1. This is unrelated, but I just saw you featured on AMY ATLAS. I am so excited for you. Your daughter's party was adorable...bright and fun. As always, I love your work. Take care.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that looks so good! I've never heard of this yummy-looking treat, but I'm definitely going to try it out - I just need to figure out the amounts in ounces! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is seriously addictive Janelle, so beware! lol
    Thank you Wendy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. owwww This looks so good! I will try this!

    ReplyDelete