Monday, August 3, 2009

A very busy July

Phew, July is finished and boy has it been a busy month for me. Firstly it was my youngest daughter Liandra's 1st birthday and we had a lovely farm party on the 4th July. It was luckily a sunny day and all the children had fun patting the farm animals and riding ponies. For her birthday I made my very first farm animal cake, I had never made fondant figures before so it was my 1st attempt at making animals. The cake was a two tier chocolate mud and caramel mudcake (top tier choc, bottom tier caramel) and iced in green vanilla & buttercream icing. I made all the animals, flowers and fencing out of fondant two weeks in advance, so on the day I just had to ice and decorate the cake.

I also made 36 matching cupcakes, half of them were chocolate and the other half vanilla sponge. Each one was decorated with fondant farm toppers that I made two weeks ahead of time.


  1. Leoni.. you are so talented. You have inspired me to do so much more now that I have little girls. You mentioned you are sick of Caramel mud.. try strawberry and vanilla.. it's absolutely divie. We had it for Amelia's Christening.

    Keep posting those photos. Can't wait until you make a business of it.. so I can buy your wonderful creations.


  2. Hi from Norway. I just found your blog and must say I love your cakes. I therfore hope you will share your recepies for your mud cakes. I have tasted mud cake once before and I loved it. It's not a common cake her in Norway. I would love to try your recipe. Is it possible? Anne