Monday, August 3, 2009

Mum's 60th

Then it was my mum's 60th birthday where we spent a few days at Docklands in a swish 3 bedroom apartment just relaxing and celebrating with close family. Ofcourse mum had to have a lovely cake, so after weeks of preperation I baked a small chocolate mudcake iced in vanilla buttercream and covered in pink fondant, the roses were also pink fondant (my very first flower fondant creations). The cupcakes were inspired by Kylie Lambert from Le Cupcakes, chocolate mudcake and vanilla sponge topped with embossed fondant on some and vanilla or cherry butter cream icing on others, topped with fondant pearls, hearts or flowers. The cupcake stand was made from scratch using cakeboards, foam dummy cakes and Heather Bailey "Painted mum" fabric.

The same fabric was used to wrap all my mum's gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Leoni! So pretty!
    (PS. Welcome to blogland!!!)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work,If anyone interested similar one's have a look here thanks

    shih tzu puppies for sale near me

    listateacuppuppies for sale online

    buy shih tzu puppy online

    ReplyDelete