The main cake was a triple layer chocolate sponge cake with chocolate fudge buttercream filling and covered in white choc fondant.
I did a mix of cupcakes, some hand painted, some embossed and some printed with edible transfer sheets. I am very happy with how they turned out.
I also got asked to make a couple of embossed sugar cookies as favours.
Another cake I created this week was this graduation cake for two sisters. Everything is edible except the two red ribbons tied around the fondant scrolls. The books are made from vanilla buttercake filled with vanilla bean buttercream and covered in brown and white chocolate fondant. The hats and calculator was made from cookies and fondant while the rest of the props were made from fondant. Overall I was extremely happy with how the cake turned out, the exception being the incorrect spelling of the word Bachelor (I spelt it Batchelor). Even though I had checked the spelling three times and written the word down correctly I still managed to spell it incorrectly on the actual cake!! By the time I realised I was not able to remove the lettering without damaging the two books so had to leave the lettering in place :-( Not happy with that!!