Sunday, October 3, 2010

Spongebob and friends cake

The 3rd cake for this weekend was this gorgeous Spongebob cake. I had so much fun making him, my fav being Spongebob, Squidward and Gary the snail. A lot of work went into this cake, all up I spent every day for the past two weeks doing all the figurines. The cake consisted of a 12' square marble chocolate cake filled with white choc buttercream while the pineapple was a white choc mud cake. The "sand" around the cake is royal icing mixed with brown caster sugar.
Close up of Spongebob, isn't he cute? I wanted him to hold the number 6 (also fondant) which was a bit tricky because the number kept falling over before the "sand" had time to dry.

Close up of Patrick starfish, he too was fun to make, everything once again is made from fondant.
Now to relax and put my feet up for a few days till my next request is due.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! (that is all I can say) Oh and you are insanely good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous cake, love it :)

    ReplyDelete