These lovely stockings were made from felt and Patty Young fabric, from her Mezzanine range and I used one of Martha Stewart's patterns on her website.. The girls chose Green and pink as the Christmas colours this year and I fell in love with Patty's fabric the minute I saw them. Its as bright in real life as they are in the photo's.
I also painted some craft MDF letters in matching colours and once we put up the Christmas tree I'll pop some glass bowls with baubles on the mantlepiece.
Each stocking contains either an activity or lolly for each child. So 12 activities and 12 lolly filled stockings in total.
Here are some activity ideas
- Paint everybody's toenails in Christmas colours.
- Make Christmas cards.
- Make Christmas ornaments.
- Set up the Christmas tree.
- Make gift tags.
- Bake Christmas cookies and decorate them.
- Purchase a present to give to charity.
- Have a picnic for dinner.
- Go out to look at Christmas lights after dark.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Make gifts for teachers.
- Hold a family disco with Christmas songs
- Go out somewhere special for dinner.
- Have a "decorate your own ice cream" buffet after dinner.
- Watch a Christmas movie before bed.
- baking and decorate Christmas cupcakes together
- having a tea party
- having a fondue night! chocolate and cheese dipped goodies.
- make a gingerbread house
Next time I'll pop up some photo's of the BIG Christmas stockins (have to sew them first) and the matching cloth Christmas baubles, they are so CUTE!